Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Data Backup and Disaster Recovery

In my last Blog post I talked about file encryption and securing your data from the bad guys. I want to continue on that topic with an emphasis and data backup and disaster recovery.

 Many of the small businesses I encounter have very little regard for backups and disaster recovery. I find this disturbing since their data is one of their most important assets. Many of the excuses I hear relate to the cost of backup and recovery software. Even if the cost is around a couple grand it’s not worth it to them? I see what these people drive, what their homes look like, etc. and believe me when I say 2,000.00 is pocket change! My larger clients have no problem with the investment as they acknowledge losing their data would be a disaster to say the least.

One of our solutions we recommend is the Dell Appassure Backup and Disaster Recovery software platform. It’s easy to install and use and will replicate your data to an offsite hosting facility every hour of the day or at night if you so choose. There are options for converting your data into virtual machines (Hyper-V, VMWARE) to create a hot standby. Data retention can be configured for months or years depending on how much data storage you have.

Our clients replicate their recovery points to a local data center here in Phoenix. They have peace of mind knowing that their data isn’t stored in some ambiguous place in the cloud. There is no reason your business should ever be at risk from data loss unless of course you don’t consider that data to be worth very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment